Welcome to the Export to Independence Developer Contest!
This is the place to ask any questions or ask for help with anything related to the contest. Here are the details:
What: Export to Independence is a community contest to see who can best port a smart speaker voice app to a mobile voice assistant using Spokestack. The contest encourages participants to export an Alexa or Dialogflow interaction model to create a mobile voice app. Participants will be judged on their creativity and innovation on creating intelligent mobile voice app experiences.
- Grand prize winner will receive $3,000 for best overall voice experience on iOS or Android
- 4 runners up will receive $500
- $5,000 will be donated to the Southern Poverty Law Center on behalf of all participants who may choose to be listed or anonymous in the donation.
- All teams that submit a final app will receive a Spokestack t-shirt for up to 3 team members
- Every person who enters and creates an account will receive a Spokestack Smiley Facemask
- Contest officially starts Monday, June 15th
- Submissions must be submitted by Wednesday, July 15th
- Winners will be announced Saturday, August 1st
- All submissions must use Spokestack’s iOS, Android or React Native libraries in their applications.
- Developers are not required to use an existing Alexa or Google Assistant interaction model for submission. We realize many folks use other NLU or custom interaction models for their conversational experiences.
- The Spokestack Export to Independence Developer Contest is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the United States of America or the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry.
- All contestants must agree to the terms of the contest.
If you have any further questions, please let us know. We’re incredibly excited to begin bringing together the smart speaker and mobile developer communities! We believe this will be the start of a completely new type of mobile app and the realization of voice-driven user experiences promised all the way back in 2011 when Siri first launched.
We’re excited to see what you build and thrilled to help you!