Occasional crash with AppleWakeWord

I reported this in a separate thread but thought it should probably get its own thread. I have encountered what I think is a bug using the appleWakewordAppleSpeech profile on iOS 14.1. After running the SpeechPipeline for a few minutes after calling .start(), I will occasionally get a crash with this message:

Terminating app due to uncaught exception ‘NSInternalInconsistencyException’, reason: ‘SFSpeechAudioBufferRecognitionRequest cannot be re-used’
terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException

This usually follows a lot of these warnings:

[Utility] +[AFAggregator logDictationFailedWithError:] Error Domain=kAFAssistantErrorDomain Code=209 "(null)"

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Hi Nathaniel, thanks for the report!

A warning of [Utility] +[AFAggregator logDictationFailedWithError:] Error Domain=kAFAssistantErrorDomain Code=209 "(null)" is an internal Apple log that represents a transient problem during ASR streaming and may be safely ignored. Internally it’s swallowed by Spokestack, but the warning log is still allowed to be emitted.

After running the SpeechPipeline for a few minutes after calling .start(), I will occasionally get a crash with this message:

Terminating app due to uncaught exception ‘NSInternalInconsistencyException’, reason: ‘SFSpeechAudioBufferRecognitionRequest cannot be re-used’
terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException

This looks like another bug—appreciate the separate report. I’ll triage and update this thread when we release a fix.

—Noel

1 Like

Hi Nathaniel, Spokestack-iOS 14.0.3 is now available from CocoaPods with a fix for the bug you reported. Thanks for the heads-up! Let us know how it works for you.

:rocket: Spokestack-iOS (14.0.3) successfully published
:date: November 16th, 16:40
:earth_americas: https://github.com/spokestack/spokestack-ios/releases/tag/14.0.3

1 Like