Welcome to the Spokestack developer community. We’re so glad you’re here!
Code of Conduct
1. Be respectful
Having strong opinions on topics is completely understandable and acceptable. In fact, we encourage people to be passionate. We welcome sharp, factual feedback, and valuable discussions.
At the same time, we’re dedicated to providing a harassment-free community for all developers regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion (or lack thereof). We don’t tolerate any form of harassment including (but not limited to) offensive verbal comments related to gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, harassing photography or recordings, and unwelcome sexual attention. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate anywhere in our forum.
2. Be patient with our team & others
Our team actively participates in our forum by answering questions, helping to resolve technical blockers, and iterating on new and existing features. We do our best to answer questions as quickly as possible.
3. Keep things tidy
This will help us locate discussions that include relevant information much faster, which in turn will also help you get a quicker response. Here are some guidelines to follow when asking for help:
- Use a title that summarizes the specific problem using appropriate keywords. Avoid words such as “help!” or someone’s name.
- Provide as much relevant context as you can including things you tried that didn’t work as others may not be familiar with your situation or goals.
- Make sure you’re starting a topic in the relevant category.
- Use the tag function responsibly and only tag the most relevant words.
- Keep discussions on-topic and related to the original post.
4. Abide by the law
There is not much worse than spending hours, days, weeks or even months working hard on something, putting a great deal of effort into it for someone to swoop in and pass it off as their own.
- Don’t post anything digital that belongs to someone else without permission including descriptions of, links to, or methods for stealing someone’s intellectual property (software, video, audio, images), or for breaking any other law.
- Don’t share or post links that violate the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
If you have any questions about how to interpret our COC and how they might apply to your particular case, or if you come across any unacceptable behavior that has not otherwise been resolved through the report flagging feature - please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take reports seriously. Those who don’t follow the COC may face repercussions at the full discretion of our team.
Here is a short overview of how we deal with misconduct:
- Warning: For the majority of cases whereby someone breaks the COC, we will remove the content in question and send a warning.
- Suspension: For repeatedly breaking the COC, or being disrespectful, we will enforce a temporary suspension or silence. The amount of time will depend on the severity of the case.
- Removal: We will remove and ban those who demonstrate a pattern of destructive behavior towards our community.
This is considered a living document that we regularly update based on the evolution of the Spokestack community.